GNA-Geriatric Nursing Asst
|Title:||GNA-Geriatric Nursing Asst|
DescriptionJob Specific Responsibilities
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Always displays a positive attitude.
- Treats residents, visitors and fellow employees with courtesy, respect and dignity.
- Adheres to established dress code.
- Meets acceptable Company attendance requirements.
- Follows established safety and infection control precautions, policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in in-service training programs as mandated by regulatory agencies/Company policy.
- Accepts work assignments from supervisor willingly and takes ownership of job responsibilities.
- Follows Company meal and break policy.
- Uses supplies without wasting.
- Takes nursing report upon start of duty and tours unit.
- Assists residents with personal care needs.
- Explains procedures to residents before administering care.
- Turns and repositions residents as needed.
- Assists residents with bowel and bladder functions and training.
- Assists residents in transporting to appointments and activities.
- Performs restorative programs upon request.
- Accurately measures and records heights and weights.
- Accurately measures vital signs and I & O’s.
- Empties urinary drainage bags and records amount in record; reports any irregularities to nurse.
- Ensures call lights are within reach of residents and answers call lights promptly.
- Ensures that residents who are unable to call for help are checked frequently.
- Reports all changes in residents’ conditions to supervisor as soon as practical.
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned units.
- Stores and labels resident personal items per policy.
- Maintains resident privacy and dignity while performing job duties.
- Provides meal assistance based on individualized residents’ needs.
- Keeps resident water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water and within reach of resident.
- Delivers on time, and documents, residents’ snacks and supplements.
Current Maryland GNA license.
Current CPR certification
We offer an extensive benefits package including an excellent 401k plan, tuition and license reimbursement, health insurance, along with dental and vision coverage, and Domestic partner benefits offered and much more!
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications